(Quote art by Lucy Litman | quote by Meena Harris)
The slippers are a small thing that make you feel put together, no matter what else you manage to put on. I'm into small things—they add up. I'm easily overwhelmed these days, but committing to small tasks is doable, adds up to accomplishment, and can lift spirits. Here are some recent things I've managed—all from home, in my slippers.
- Revisited and shared the history of my hometown's music on IG in honor of Juneteenth
- Continued to embrace garden herbs as flower arrangements
- Made a contribution to the YMCA, which is providing crucial childcare for parents who are essential workers and must report to work in a time when schools and camps are closed.
- Watched the Sesame Street / CNN Town Hall on Racism with my children (11 and 7)
- Gave my dad a subscription to Storyworth for Father's Day, which is already proving to be a hit for both of us.
- Sent postcards to potentially unregistered voters on behalf of the NAACP